RE: Visual SourceSafe/other doc control apps

Subject: RE: Visual SourceSafe/other doc control apps
From: "Dan Glovier" <dglovier -at- edline -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 2003 17:02:38 -0500

I've used VSS in three separate positions over the past two years, and I
have yet to encounter an issue with it at any of these locations.

I can not speak to the licensing issue, however.

Good luck!
Dan Glovier

Beth sed:

> Have any of you used MS Visual SourceSafe for document version
control? Do
> you recommend it? Any problems?
> What other programs do you recommend for storage and distribution of
> documentation files?
> One of our purposes is to let anyone in the company go to a central
> --
> a version control system -- and get a read-only copy of the latest
> documentation. Is a company-wide license required just for Read
> Thanks,
> Beth Kane

Order here:

Check out the contests at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com

Visual SourceSafe/other doc control apps: From: Kane, Beth