RE: When a "shim" is not a "shim"

Subject: RE: When a "shim" is not a "shim"
From: Lyn Worthen <Lyn -dot- Worthen -at- caselle -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 09:26:19 -0600

What about "Supplemental Library" ?

-----Original Message-----
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 9:13 AM

dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com wrote:
> 1. ...Call it the "add-on library for MacOS" the first time;
> after that, just call it the "add-on library" or the
> "MacOS library."
> 2. ...Call it the "MacOS API" or the "MacOS library"...
> [or generically] the "adaptor library."

Of course, when you fold the changes in to the base library, you've
accomplished what I suggested in the part about making a single installer.

Then it's just "the MacOS API" or "the MacOS library," and your release
notes trumpet the new ease of installation for MacOS customers.

Order here:

Check out the contests at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com