RE: certification

Subject: RE: certification
From: "Stevenson, Rebecca" <Rebecca -dot- Stevenson -at- workscape -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 16 Apr 2003 14:18:45 -0400

Mainly the fact that in this program there were only two or three courses that were actually required for all students in the program; the rest were electives that enabled us to focus on whatever we were planning to specialize in. The "core" of this profession seems negligibly small to me.

If we want to certify on the fact that a technical writer can write a doc plan, edit a document, and conduct an interview to gain information, then those core courses may suffice, and certification won't be a burden to anyone. I thought everyone had something a bit more grandiose in mind, though.