RE: certification

Subject: RE: certification
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 11:29:16 -0400

Most seasoned buyers of any product or service (and we are a product and
service) know that when someone spends so much time cutting down their
competition, the competition must indeed be formidable and especially worthy
of consideration. In this case, the competition is those who have the accred
and are scaring the ...out of you.

Also, if they bring the subject up, they already know if they value it or
not. What you say about it isn't going to change their mind and only make
the person think "what are they afraid of?

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"Alright, nobody move! I've got a dragon here, and I'm not afraid to use it"
---------- Donkey

> If I were looking for a new job -- and succeeded in getting an
> interview -- in a climate where some sort of "optional" certification
> was being promoted, I'd probably need to work quite diligently at
> undermining the credibility of the certification.
>
> "Yes, I looked into that certification, but it didn't seem
> to offer me, or potential employers, much value for the
> money. I can put you in touch with a few people who have
> actually gone for it, but they'll readily admit that the
> course/exam was outdated before they took it, and that they

Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l/

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com