RE: certification

Subject: RE: certification
From: "Kat Nagel, MasterWork Consulting" <mlists -at- masterworkconsulting -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 13:08:04 -0400

Who do you see as filling that role, for the
certification that you envision? The STC, another existing organization, or a new organization?

If the goal is recognition and acceptance by non-techcomm managers and SMEs, it might be better to pursue certification by an organization that these people already recognize, such as IEEE's Professional Communications Society

(NOTE: This is not a slam at STC. I *like* STC. But I also recognize reality when it slaps me in the face. Certification by STC will never get the kind of respect from non-techcomm managers that IEEE and ACM do.)

Kat Nagel,
who has worked for several companies that automatically paid employees' dues to any IEEE or ACM group, regardless of the area of specialization.

Purchase RoboHelp X3 in April and receive a $100 mail-in rebate, plus FREE RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Order here:

Check out the contests at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com