Re: Book? Or books?

Subject: Re: Book? Or books?
From: "Deb M." <dm -at- ptrail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 13:01:22 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: <MList -at- chrysalis-its -dot- com>

> The question is how far to go in separating certain
> kinds of material into narrow-purpose documents, as
> opposed to keeping disparate stuff in a more general-
> purpose (big) document.

I personally prefer a "honkin' big single document" to many smaller
documents. I hate it when I find I brought the wrong book to the lab (in the
case of multi-volume docs).

I also do not consider Installation to be a throwaway doc if there's even a
remote possibility that an application will need to be reinstalled. On the
other hand, if you need to install the product to get to the remaining
documentation, it makes sense to break out Installation.

Good luck,
Debbie

The Paper Trail
Technical Documentation
www.ptrail.com

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com