Re: book: Single Sourcing: Building Modular Documentation

Subject: Re: book: Single Sourcing: Building Modular Documentation
From: "Deb M." <dm -at- ptrail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 29 Apr 2003 21:49:32 -0400

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike O." <obie1121 -at- yahoo -dot- com>

> Sean Hower wrote:
>
> > Can anyone give me their impressions/thoughts of a book
> > called "Single Sourcing: Building Modular Documentation"
>
> I haven't read the book itself but there are lots of thoughts here:
> http://books.slashdot.org/books/03/04/27/2217204.shtml

Great review. I was particularly struck with the second to the last
paragraph of Kurt Ament's review:

"What I like most about "Single Sourcing" is that Ament went straight for
the meat of the issues. He doesn't belabor points or confuse the reader by
jumping back and forth from subject to subject (as so many poorly written
IT-related books do). Instead, he supplies us with a book you can read in an
afternoon and use the information contained within the next day at work."

In there is what I believe to be our charter: know your subject AND how to
present it.

Cheers,
Debbie
The Paper Trail
Technical Documentation
http://www.ptrail.com

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-l

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com