Subject: RE: On PDFs
From: Watson Laughton <WLaughton -at- orphan -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 12:28:18 -0500

>>Watson, I've had badly prepared restaurant food. That does not mean I'll
never eat in a restaurant again.

I'm not avoiding ALL file formats, just PDF! <wink>. And OK, so I was
wrong. Microsoft made me do it. How was I to know that viewing a PDF file
from IE was going to give me a lame-o version of Acrobat, even though I have
the full version 5 installed? I'm willing to bet that I'm not the only one
who has encountered this though, and didn't know how to get around it.

So now, prove me 100% wrong, and point me to a site that has a document with
a fully linked TOC in PDF format (unless there's another trick I'm missing,
neither the Cannondale user manual NOR the Palm manual have any links in
them, even from the TOC).

Last chance to order RoboHelp X3 and receive a $100 mail-in rebate,
PLUS free RoboScreenCapture and WebHelp Merge Module. Offer expires
4/30/03! Order here:

Check out the contests at

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com