Re[2]: what do you call your online manuals

Subject: Re[2]: what do you call your online manuals
From: bethany_rusbasan -at- leco -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 8:34:06 -0400

"What does it matter, really? "

Well, to tell you the truth, *I* don't think it matters all that much. But we switched from having HTML help and hard copy instruction manuals to a PDF file and a hard copy instruction manual.

Originally the HTML help manuals were called, "GDS500 Online Manual" or whatever the instrument name happened to be, in the title bar and ads and newsletter, etc..

But one of our sales guys said people were confused and thought online meant for them to access the online manual they had to get on the Internet. So we switched everything to "Whatever On-Board Manual" to indicated the manual was with the software right in your own little hard drive.

So what? Well, I think since my boss wanted/did switch us from the HTML help to PDF files he wanted a new name, fresh start, all that jazz. Ergo, I asked what everyone calls theirs.

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com