RE: Attention job seekers--so you sent a resume and nobody acknowledged it, right?

Subject: RE: Attention job seekers--so you sent a resume and nobody acknowledged it, right?
From: "Dick Margulis " <margulis -at- mail -dot- fiam -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:47:09 -0400

"Karen L. Zorn" <klzorn -at- zorntech -dot- com>

>Dick,
>
>Over the last 2-3 years I can't count how many times I've sent a resume
>Yes, in a perfectly polite society the acknowledgement is preferred, but
>that just doesn't happen these days.

Karen,

I strive for perfect politeness, often falling far short, as certain list members will no doubt attest ;-)

>BTW, if the previous recipient left, to whom did the resumes go? How
>could anyone have been hired unless they came in via smail or a
>recruiter?

Well, it turns out that somebody else was already monitoring the mailbox in question, so my panic attack last night was not based in reality. Everyone had already been acknowledged. But to answer your question, we do not get most of our applicants through the site. Most come from recruiters or staff referrals. We post on the site primarily to meet regulatory requirements for publicly advertising all openings (cheaper than posting on paid job sites or buying newspaper ads) and are happy to get any good résumés that do happen to come in that way.

Dick

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com