RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)

Subject: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)
From: "Barbara Yanez" <BarbaraYanez -at- cogentsystems -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 12:07:08 -0700

I have to add that I once had a job in which one of the secretaries
stayed till 8:00 PM almost every night. Know why? Because (sorry to say
this but it was well-known) she was *slow.* Not really the sharpest
pencil in the cup - to say the least - but good friends with the manager
and therefore she was retained.

That always made me think. Often it is not the number of hours you put
in, but your efficiency at doing your job. A truly valuable employee has
the ability to work *smarter* to get the job done.

So it is important to look at this issue from many different angles -
not just the number of hours.

Barbara Yanez
Integration Group
Mgr - Documentation