RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)

Subject: RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)
From: "Gillespie, Stephen (Contractor)" <Stephen -dot- Gillespie -at- Persnet -dot- Navy -dot- Mil>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 14:07:04 -0500

after going 'above & beyond':

>... I wanted a challenge, (so) moved to another job. Aggressive release
schedule and it was
normal to be putting in 50 hour weeks. When I returned to work after a 13
hour day to get a release out, I was laid off.

Nothing in the world will EVER convince me that that 40+ hours per week
really impresses your employer that much. If you can get quality work done
and deadlines met in your work week, do most managers really pay attention
to how many hours it took you to do it? (as long as you've met your
"minimum" required)<

I agree. Unfortunately, in this economy there are situations when/where it
doesn't matter if you WALKED ON THE MOON, being laid-off might be
unavoidable (fortunately, I've never faced that situation ;-).

Steve Gillespie

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com