RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)

Subject: RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)
From: "Gillespie, Stephen (Contractor)" <Stephen -dot- Gillespie -at- Persnet -dot- Navy -dot- Mil>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:56:10 -0400

Gene Kim-Eng wrote about managers who failed to award 'over-achievers':

>A manager like that will be just as laggard in recognizing employees who go
the extra distance as in trying to bring one who doesn't up to the same
level as the rest of staff.
Best thing to do if one is in an organization like that is to bide one's
time until market conditions make a move viable, because things aren't going
to get better.<

Good advice!

Gene continued:
>When I was a hiring manager, none of my "extra effort" employees ever had
any doubt when they saw their evals, bonus checks or stock option awards
that I knew who my top contributors
were.<

And good for you!!

Steve G.