RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)

Subject: RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th reads)
From: "Victoria Nuttle" <vnuttle -at- cauto -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 1 May 2003 13:57:19 -0500

Ok... I have to say... thinking that you're a cinch to keep your job
just because you put in "above and beyond" hours is not always the case.
I had one job at a company, I worked probably about 30-35 hours a week
and no doubt could have happily stayed there for life. I wanted a
challenge, moved to another job. Aggressive release schedule and it was
normal to be putting in 50 hour weeks. When I returned to work after a
13 hour day to get a release out, I was laid off.

Nothing in the world will EVER convince me that that 40+ hours per week
really impresses your employer that much. If you can get quality work
done and deadlines met in your work week, do most managers really pay
attention to how many hours it took you to do it? (as long as you've met
your "minimum" required)

-Victoria