RE: RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of othe r thread s)

Subject: RE: RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of othe r thread s)
From: Gene Kim-Eng <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 07:06:52 -0700

Not particularly, as that is essentially the function of a manager, to ensure
that the dept and its members perform as required to support the company's
overall goals and to maintain its value in the company's perceptions. What
I do hate is when people at the staff and first line management level do all that
is expected of them and more and I still end up having to select people to
sacrifice to the layoff gods because someone way up the chain of management
didn't do their job and keep the company's focus on target and plan ahead for
unexpected turns. Then, of course, there's the corporate jets, first class tickets
and massive bonuses to reward directors for these failures. And I'm not even
going to get started on the Enron-style abuses. The part I hate is when the task
of facing employees who have given their all and explaining to them that what is
happening to them has practically nothing to do with their performance falls to me.

Gene Kim-Eng

At 09:31 AM 5/2/2003 -0400, John Posada wrote:

And I'll bet that another part you hate is that as a manager, you are held
to certain expectations by your management, each year those expectations
become more intense, and to meet those expectations, you require certain
concessions from your employees.

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com