RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th read s)

Subject: RE: RE: Exploitation is a two-way street (was a bunch of other th read s)
From: Gene Kim-Eng <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 06:56:33 -0700

I suppose it may seem a hairsplitting distinction, but there is a difference between
not getting added praise and rewards and just getting your salary for just doing
your job and getting actual negative evaluations for somehow *not* doing your
job. I know people who have managed to stay employed for decades getting
"meets requirements" evals by doing no more than their job's requirements and by
also judiciously (or if you prefer, luckily) choosing their employers to avoid
being in situations where their depts are being culled. OTOH, most companies
will put employees who get "meets some requirements" evals on a "performance
improvement plan" and require them to do something to raise their score within
the next eval period or face termination.

Gene Kim-Eng

At 09:31 AM 5/2/2003 -0400, John Posada wrote:

That IS a ding. The person was singled out to receive less than someone else
because of something they did or did not do. I can make that definition
because I was the one who introduced the term into the thread. :-)

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com