Re: Hit the road

Subject: Re: Hit the road
From: Gene Kim-Eng <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 07:42:56 -0700

When I was an engineer in the 80's, I knew a few contract engineers who did
more or less that, though I think they worked relatively long terms (year +, in
the days when W2's had no time limitations) and tended to work repeatedly for
the same companies on different projects. As a hiring manager, I never troubled
myself much with what sort of living arrangements my contractors (W2 or 1099)
had, so long as they had the capability to be where they needed to be when they
needed to be there. Even now, I get calls from temp agencies about out-of-town
contracts (because I told them I'd consider them), and they just want to know when
I could be available locally to start them if all else worked out.

Gene Kim-Eng

At 09:57 AM 5/5/2003 -0400, John Posada wrote:

So, my question...what's to stop me from doing this. I'd like to hear
offline from anyone who hires contractors, assuming the skills were a good
fit, and assuming the rate was acceptable, would this arrangement preclude
you from considering a candidate who's house just happens to have wheels on
it?

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.
FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com