Re: Hit the road

Subject: Re: Hit the road
From: Al Geist <al -dot- geist -at- geistassociates -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 07:45:28 -0800

Great idea John....BTW, I've been living in Alaska for nearly 20 years now and I can tell you that the TW pickings can get pretty slim. Better learn how to be extremely versatile. Oh yeah, assuming you only come here in the summer, you better have a love more mosquito bytes, especially in the Interior. If you visit during the winter, the XC skiing is great and the aurora is unbelievable; however, it can get a bit nippy when the sun goes down, which is most of the time. Other than that, its a great place, except there ain't much in the form of technical writing. (I've had three TW gigs up here in 20 years.) If you can write video scripts, take professional photographs, write travel articles, etc., you should do pretty good. Also, this is the most Internet connected state in the Union, so get a motorhome with a satellite communication system. Oh yeah, bring a fishing pole. The salmon start running the first of June, right after Halibut season opens.

--

Al Geist, Geist Associates
From Concept to Completion

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.
FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com