Looking for suggestions for Link Checking Software

Subject: Looking for suggestions for Link Checking Software
From: "Rob Writer" <piercedroo -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2003 15:18:52 -0500

Does anybody have any suggestions on a very robust link-checking application for a very large (30gb) web site? The site is comprised almost entirely of HTML pages generated from FrameMaker-to-WebWorks Publisher-to-HTML. The only web publishing tool other than WWP that I've seen here (I'm a contractor) is GoLive.

Anyhow, the site (especially the Archives) have thousands of broken links. But they don't have a tool that can scan the entire site quickly and accurately (or affordably). I use DreamWeaver for all of the Web site creation/maintenance/managment projects that I've done in the past, but none where nearly this size or this much of a mess. I don't think DreamWeaver's Link Check funcionality is quite up to this task.

Please respond off-list as this might be slightly off-topic or of no real interest to others (who had enough forsight to not wait until their site had grown to 30gb to try to manage it with something other than Notepad).

Thanks,
Rob

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.
FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com