Re: Word to PDF

Subject: Re: Word to PDF
From: dmbrown -at- brown-inc -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 06 May 2003 09:13:09 -0700

Holger Gremminger wrote:

> When converting Word-files (Word 2000) to PDF-files
> (Acrobat 5.0.5) by using PDFMaker 5.0 I always get
> "Untitled" documents (no filename) in Acrobat
> (with the "View result in Acrobat" activated).
> I always have to save the file and give it a
> filename.

I don't know why it changed from one version to the next, but there's logic to the way it behaves in version 5. It's just a question of where you want the output to go.

If you enable View Result in Acrobat, that's where the output goes--to Acrobat. (It's really in a file in your username\Local_Settings\Temp directory, of course.)

If you don't enable View Result in Acrobat, you have to tell PDFMaker where you want the output file. That's why you see the Save As dialog box.

--David

HTML Indexer 4 is still the easiest way to create and maintain indexes
for web sites, intranets, HTML Help, JavaHelp, and other HTML documents.

HTML Indexer 4 includes fully integrated cross-references, target frames
and windows, multiple-file output, "one-step accept" of default entries,
and more!

http://www.html-indexer.com/

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com