RE: Style - Arms Length

Subject: RE: Style - Arms Length
From: "Rob Partridge" <rob -at- holly -dot- com -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 14:12:04 +1000

At first I agreed, that I would use a measurement rather than a
physiological feature. However, I can think of several situations where
arm's length would be preferred.

Who's arm? The inspector's of course. If the inspector needed to be
within touching distance of a piece of machinery, then arm's length
would be highly appropriate. I disagree that arm's length is difficult
for a non-English speaker. Perhaps the inspector must be able to touch
the machine in order to do their job. An arbitrary measurement might
mean that shorter armed people are not able to touch it, or that longer
armed people are operating in a cramped fashion.

Ok I'm getting silly now, time to step down.

Rob

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com