Training (was RE: Fear and Loathing at the Job Site)

Subject: Training (was RE: Fear and Loathing at the Job Site)
From: Keri Morgret <morgret -at- stanfordalumni -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 08 May 2003 08:27:29 -0700

An interesting perspective on training, SMEs, and the necessity (or lack thereof) of time in a classroom is looking at how Xerox trained their customer service reps. Steelcase has it in their case study section of their website at http://www.steelcase.com/servlet/ToolsInsightsServlet?ACTION=4&SEC_ID=3&SUB_ID=9&MIN_ID=13&CONTENT_ID=187&NAME=knowledge+library&NAME2=articles+and+papers.

I'd be interested to hear what people think of this approach. In one of my classes, we were given Xerox's problem, but not the solution. We had to apply our knowledge of learning theory we were studying in that class to come up with a solution, and only then did we see how Xerox solved the problem.

Keri Morgret

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.
FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com