RE: huh?

Subject: RE: huh?
From: France Baril <Barilf -at- ixiasoft -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 12:05:09 -0400

I agree and disagree with the statement. Here are some examples that
illustrate why:

If I document an application for accountants, I will best understand my
users needs if I know accounting, but do not already know how to use the
application inside out (SME in accounting, not in using the application).
Why? Because I will run into the same trap they will. However, at some
point, I will become an expert on using the application. If I do not become
a SME about my application, it is because I have not understood how to use
it properly and therefore cannot explain it to someone else.

However, if you document APIs and do not know how to program, you will not
be able to understand your users needs very well.

France

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com