RE: WinHelp macro (or web link) to open new file using Word template?

Subject: RE: WinHelp macro (or web link) to open new file using Word template?
From: "Anameier, Christine A - Eagan, MN" <christine -dot- a -dot- anameier -at- usps -dot- gov>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:57:37 -0500

David wrote:
>> docs on our web server, linking to them from an HTML page. That way,
>> they open in this weird IE-Word hybrid, but there's no danger of
users
>> overwriting the original file.
>
> ...unless they have "write" permission on the file and directory. If
they
> do, though, opening the .doc file in a browser won't protect it.

Hmm. Can they really save a modified file to the web server, even if
they do have write permission? I do, so I tested this in my browser, and
the "Save" command was dimmed. When I selected "Save As," the default
location that came up was on my local drive. I couldn't find a way to
save it to the web server (short of saving it to my local drive and then
going into my FTP client).

Anyhow, our users have read-only access to the web server.

Christine

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com