What about Blog? [was RE: Creating HTML Pages]

Subject: What about Blog? [was RE: Creating HTML Pages]
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 08:15:48 -0700

Set up a weblog for each user or group of users and way they go. This
satisfies all your criteria and more:

A) You don't have to know HTML to contribute to a blog, though typically
you can apply tags if you know them.
B) All your blogs can be based on the same HTML template.
C) All your users have to do is type in the box and click Publish. In
terms of set-up, it's just a matter of creating an HTML template,
installing the software and away you go.
D) How's $40 a year per blog, or free if you go with an open source
solution?

A few other compelling points:

E) Blogs are arranged chronologically, so the freshest information is at
the top.
F) You can categorize the information that users enter, and display
customized pages. So, if there were a blog on African animals, and some
users only wanted to read about giraffes while others only wanted to
read about hippos, the entries can be sorted appropriately.
G) Many blogging tools enable you to edit your Weblog from your browser,
so the client-side installation is typically very lightweight or
non-existent.

Any questions, let me know. Thanks. DB.

Darren Barefoot
Words. Words. Words.