Creating HTML Pages

Subject: Creating HTML Pages
From: "Jill Renaud" <jrenaud -at- mitra -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 18:06:03 -0400

Hi,

We need to come up with a system that allows anyone in our organization to create web pages that will be posted our intranet. These pages will contain mainly tech notes and procedures about various development tools and products. Basically, we want to provide a framework that can be used by development groups to share information.

The constraints for this project are: (a) We can't force the users to code HTML (although some may choose to do so), (b) The pages must have a consistent look and feel, (c) The implemented system must be relatively easy-to-use and require minimal training, and (d) It must be fairly cheap!

Does anyone have any ideas for this project?

We are toying with the idea of using Word as the HTML editor. Is there any way to apply a style sheet to a html page created using a Word template? Would we be asking for trouble by implementing such a system?

Thanks.

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com