SQL Server & Data Dictionary

Subject: SQL Server & Data Dictionary
From: "Angela Akridge" <angelaakridge -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 05:55:20 +0000

John,

I don't know much about SQL Server, but I believe Oracle has a tool (Oracle Designer). This tools reads the Data Dictionary to provide a ERD (entity relationship dependencies) and ERM (entity relationship model). My understanding is that both will show you the relationships between all the tables in the database. Oracle has comprehensive documentation that available online: Perhaps you can search Oracle's site for "Oracle Designer." I'm very new to database software, so I'm sorry if I'm not much help. I'm taking a database class right now, but I'm only building the database (SQL). If you have a list of questions, I'll have my professor answer them. I'll pretend they're my questions. Hell, the class costs enough. ;)

Ang

Angela Akridge
Technical Writer
Sun Microsystems
angelaakridge -at- hotmail -dot- com

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.
FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com