Re: Fear and Loathing, Part 2

Subject: Re: Fear and Loathing, Part 2
From: "Deb M." <dm -at- ptrail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 9 May 2003 13:58:59 -0400

> etc...). A few weeks ago I requested a spare PC so I could do the
> installation. Now it is slowly dawning on me that they have no
> intention of ever providing the hardware. No outright denial; just
> inaction.
>
> So now I'm off to eBay, to pick up an off-lease Dell. For which I will
> have to eat the cost. Which I don't mind; after all I am a consultant;
> but it's just one more insight into the mind of a manager.

You might want to try out VMWare (http://www.vmware.com/).
You create a virtual machine on your main machine. The VM has it's own IP
address. I used it to create a Win NT 4 AND a Linux box on my Win2000
machine. If you have questions, feel free to e-mail me offline.

I have no affiliation with the company except as a satisfied customer.

Cheers,
Debbie
The Paper Trail
Technical Documentation
http://www.ptrail.com

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com