Re: Bulk import of Word files into FM7

Subject: Re: Bulk import of Word files into FM7
From: Doc <doc -at- vertext -dot- org>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 15:29:30 -0400

On Fri, 9 May 2003 13:56:40 -0400 , John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
wrote:

>I tried importing them into a book and into a document, but in either case,
>I cannot select more than one at a time. Ideas?

Hi John:
This is not a bulk import but it might help.

Instead of importing the files one at a time, open a new MSW doc and
concatenate them using <Insert>.

With the new file open:

1. Place the cursor at the point that the new file should start.
2. Go to the Insert menu.
3. Select "File".
4. Select the first file to insert.
5. Click the <Insert> button near the bottom right of the window.

All of the contents of the selected file are automatically "inserted"
into the open document at the point where the cursor was last located.
This is a very quick operation.

Do the same for all files. It is a pain but at least you don't have to
wait for FM to parse each file. When the docs have been combined into
a single file, open FM, import the entire file and go get some coffee.

-Doc
-Doc
David W Lettvin
VerText
South Hamilton, MA
978-468-1105

ATTENTION FrameMaker Users: Fill-out the following survey
to receive a chance to win a FREE RoboScreenCapture.

FM users only please: http://www.ehelp.com/techwr-2

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com