RE: numbering in docs

Subject: RE: numbering in docs
From: "Robert Plamondon" <robert -at- plamondon -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sun, 11 May 2003 07:15:40 -0700

David Chinell writes:

>Laughably amateurish as it is, I use the chapter and page
>numbering system you describe. The only difference is that I
>use Y for the glossary, and Z for the index, reasoning that
>they must be the last two elements of back-matter.

Is this just a file-naming convention, as for your front matter, or does
your index actually start with a heading that says "Appendix Z. Index"?

My impression was that the original question had to do with customer-visible
headings and page numbers, not file naming conventions.

-- Robert
--
Robert Plamondon
President, High-Tech Technical Writing