Tools: WebWorks goes Word!

Subject: Tools: WebWorks goes Word!
From: "Hart, Geoff" <Geoff-H -at- MTL -dot- FERIC -dot- CA>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 12 May 2003 09:06:42 -0400

Anyone who's been on techwr-l has undoubtedly heard many good things about
WebWorks publisher for FrameMaker. I'm skeptical about the whole concept of
single-sourcing without using a database and a rigorously disciplined
approach to writing the text, but that's another story; WWP for Frame seems
to be a godsend to those who use it.

Those of us who use Word may be interested to know that WebWorks has now
come out with a version that works with Word:
http://www.webworks.com/products/wwpp_w/default.aspx
(Incidentally, spotted the announcement for this product this in Intercom,
the STC magazine. Another benefit of membership! <G>)

Our own David Knopf has written a white paper on the product which I'm
hoping to read shortly:
http://www.webworks.com/products/wwpp_w/whitepaper.aspx

Anyone had a chance to use WWP for Word yet, whether as a beta tester or in
your regular production work? Not something we're going to use here in the
immediate future, but it does sound like something I'll want to keep an eye
on in the longer term.

580 boul. St-Jean
Pointe-Claire, Que., H9R 3J9 Canada

"It's one thing to see death coming at the hands of your own creation.
That's part of the human epic tradition, after all. Oedipus and his father.
Baron Frankenstein and his monster. William Henry Gates and Windows
'09."--David Brin, _Kiln People_

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com