MS Word Pictures

Subject: MS Word Pictures
From: Eisbruchs -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 15 May 2003 11:48:16 -0400

Hi,

When using MS Word to write software manuals, I often want to show a screenshot together with other
graphical elements (such as red circles, arrows, text boxes), I generally use the command:

Insert>Object>Microsoft Word Picture

I put the screenshot and the other
graphical elements in the handy frame/window that gets
created for a Microsoft Word Picture. This helps keep the screenshot and graphics together. It keeps things better
"anchored" than trying to put screenshots with graphics right on the document page.

QUESTION: I don't understand the relationship between
the size of items on the actual document page and
the size of that same items when plopped into
a Microsoft Word Picture frame/window. For example,
if I copy text from the document into the picture frame, once
it's in the picture frame,
it doesn't show up as the same size it used to be.

What controls the size of things
once they are in a Microsoft Word Picture frame/window?

Thanks,
Emily from Ann Arbor

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com