MS Word Styles

Subject: MS Word Styles
From: Eisbruchs -at- aol -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 02 May 2003 14:10:28 -0400

Hi,

I'm trying to fix up an MS Word document where
styles hadn't been used effectively. A lot
of the paragraphs have the "Normal" style with local
formatting. These were showing up differently on
different PCs, depending on that PC's Normal font.
Also, where other styles were being used in the document,
these were largely based on "Normal" and this was
causing problems also.

So I've created a "Body" style that is NOT based
on Normal (it's based on "no style"). I'm assigning
this Body style to most paragraphs. There are also
the Heading styles and bullet styles, etc.

Question: I have some graphics that use a text box.
My style choices for the "text box" text are completely different from
my style choices for the rest of the document. Why is
that? What controls which styles are available within
a text box?

Any other helpful hints on trying to get the styles
organized and working correctly for now and for the future?
I appreciate the help.

- Emily from Ann Arbor

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com