List of Figures (LOF) and List of Tables (LOT) in Software User Guides

Subject: List of Figures (LOF) and List of Tables (LOT) in Software User Guides
From: jthomas -at- transcentive -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 09:05:25 -0600

Hi there-

Does anyone have comments about including LOT /
LOFs in software user references (print / PDF)
from a usablity point of view?

In most of the printed software user guides that
I've seen, these don't exist.

I guess it's out of habit from my background in
the environmental sciences, but I find the LOT's
useful. The LOFs are useful in creating the doc
for consistency of naming convention style, for
marking which ones have been updated, and jumping
around within the doc.

Any comments?

thanks & have a great day!
:-) joan