Re: Somewhat OT: Tech Writers vs. other writers

Subject: Re: Somewhat OT: Tech Writers vs. other writers
From: "I. Ljaljicic" <isljam -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:16:01 -0700 (PDT)

This morning I pondered on this for quite a bit of
time and something that was said on an engineering
forum that I also observe is highly relevant to this
discussion.

I forget what exactly the discussion was about (i
always forget something) but the comment was "Theory
goes hand in hand with practice."

This is a relevant statement to the present discussion
but for now i think i will add my own addendum to it.
You cant know what to do without knowing whats in the
textbooks, but you wont know what youre doing if you
know only whats in the textbooks. Real world
experience is key in any field, and I think that in
this case (as in most cases) the correct answer lies
somewhere in between the two extreme views.

So what is a boy to do, you cant just go to grad
school and be a tw at the same time. I suppose the
most logical approach is to go into the field as an
entry level guy for a couple of years and then back to
school for your grad degree.... doesnt seem like such
a bad idea to me, but I doubt its a one size fits all
solution (like there were ever such a thing).

http://search.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com