RE: Re: What to look for in a technical editor

Subject: RE: Re: What to look for in a technical editor
From: "GeneK" <gene -at- genek -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: 20 May 2003 11:02:54 PDT

Same here, but the issue with an editor who is not
technically adept is the amount of time you may have
to spend reading and rejecting changes that a "more
technical" editor might never have proposed in the
first place. In my one really bad experience with
an editor (the corporate editor I've mentioned previously
who kept demanding an endless series of pedantic style
changes) the fellow in question was most definitely not
technical, and had he been capable of doing more
technical reviews I might have been able to load him
down with enough of them that he wouldn't have had as
much time to make my writers' lives miserable.

Gene Kim-Eng