Re: What to look for in a technical editor

Subject: Re: What to look for in a technical editor
From: Michael West <mbwest -at- bigpond -dot- net -dot- au>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 12:36:20 +1000

No, no, no. Please read my words, not his, before
you decide whether we agree or not.

I did NOT say that to "work with a SME who's also a
good editor" would be frustrating.

What I said would lead to frustration was the EXPECTATION
that your avarage SMEs will be competent technical editors (as
distinct from content reviewers).

I also said that exceptions exist, and it's a GOOD thing
when you find someone who is both.

So we agree.

--
Michael West