RE: Are scanners slow?

Subject: RE: Are scanners slow?
From: "Darren Barefoot" <darren -at- darrenbarefoot -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 07:58:15 -0700

Scanners are slow, but not that slow. The stats that Watson refers to
(1200 dpi color scan in 41 seconds, a 300 dpi monochrome scan in 14
seconds) sound pretty fast, actually, but your scanner sounds
tortoise-like. I've just purchased an Epson Perfection 1260 which,
according to Froogle
(http://froogle.google.com/froogle?q=epson+perfection+1260&btnG=Froogle+
Search), is pretty cheap in the States. That said, I'm entirely happy
with it. In particular, the client software that comes with it is cheesy
but effective. Thanks. DB.