RE: Responsibility

Subject: RE: Responsibility
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:00:44 -0400

I perform content review slightly different. For most of my FM content, I
extract data from a set of Excel/Access files. Right now, I'm up to over 20
databases of information. It is these files that I continuously request
review. Most like the review done this way because they can take the data
and manipulate it through SQL queries against real-time data and/or
configurations files. In return, I get a review on a single set of data that
I use to create multiple subsets of content throughout the documentation.

John Posada
Senior Technical Writer
Barnes&Noble.com
jposada -at- book -dot- com
NY: 212-414-6656
Dayton: 732-438-3372
"There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream
of things that never were, and ask why not?"
-----Robert Francis Kennedy, 1968 presidential campaign

> What you're talking about here is butt coverage. And I ain't talking
> about capri pants. When I send out a document to development
> for review
> (and I endeavour to ensure there's time in the development
> schedule for
> reviewing docs), I include a disclaimer, which reads something like
> this:
>
> Please review the following document for technical accuracy and send
> your comments to us by <date x>. If you cannot review this document by
> <date x>, please notify us as soon as possible. If we don't hear from
> you by <date x>, the document will be assumed to be 100%
> accurate as is.
>
> This tends to emphasize to reviewers whose court the
> responsibility ball
> sits in. Cheers. DB.

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com