Re: Convert text to text

Subject: Re: Convert text to text
From: Kevin Cheek <cheek1 -at- sbcglobal -dot- net>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 14:50:38 -0700 (PDT)

I have three suggestions (not that I'm certain any of them will
help):

1. I assume from your mention of SnagIt that you are running this on
Windows. If you can run the services via telnet or some other service
in a command (DOS) window, you can redirect the output to a text
file. <command> > <text file> works as well in windows as it does in
a UNIX shell. For example, I often use

C:\> dir /s producthelp > helpdir.txt

to get a text file listing of the entire help directory.

2. Failing that, perhaps does the FullShot screen capture utility
have better text capture capabilities? Their trial version is fully
functional, so you can try it out.

3. Just click in the terminal window and highlight some text to pause
the scrolling. Then select all the text and Ctrl-C. Painful, but
effective.

Good luck,

Kevin Cheek
cheek1 -at- sbcglobal -dot- net

John Posada wrote:

Hi, guys...I'm looking at a series of interfaces that doesn't have
print
functionality. They are custom Computer Management consoles for
services
running on a range of servers, similar to what you'd find by right
clicking
My Computer -> Manage -> Services and Applications -> Services, but
for
something called Cluster Administrator.

I want to capture the list of services for inclusion into tables as
text and
I'd rather not handle each one individually, since there are "many".

I tried using Snag-It's text capture, but since Cluster Administrator
doesn't allow selecting more than one, I only get a line at a time.

I'm looking for ideas on how I can capture all the lines at once when
the
application doesn't have print functionality, and to make matters
worse, I'm
connecting to the servers using Terminal Client.

Any ideas?

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com