Good practice to place web URLs in your documentation?

Subject: Good practice to place web URLs in your documentation?
From: tony -at- latestflame -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 22 May 2003 16:09:05 -0600

The software application I work on can require the user to get drivers and
utilities from their database or application server vendor.

I hesitate to place the exact URL for these downloads in our documentation
(delivered on CD in PDF form) because the URL could easily change.

What do you think? Worth the risk?

Tony

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com