RE: Communication Handbook vs Style Guide

Subject: RE: Communication Handbook vs Style Guide
From: Sean Hower <hokumhome -at- freehomepage -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 07:43:26 -0700 (PDT)

-------------------------------
Tom Green asks:
So, I am wondering if there IS a difference between a
style guide and a communcations handbook, or are they the same animal?
Any good thoughts on this?

I would assume they are the same animal. I mean, all a style guide is is a collection of standards your company uses in its documents. If that's what your "communication handbook" does, then it's the same thing. Sounds like the name was picked to make it sound important, which would make sense if it was created by someone who feels easily threatened.

"And in the morning, I'm makin waffles." ~ Donkey
Sean Hower - tech writer
http://hokum.freehomepage.com

Create your own web site for FREE at http://www.freehomepage.com

Select your own custom email address for FREE! Get you -at- yourchoice -dot- com w/No Ads, 6MB, POP & more! http://www.everyone.net/selectmail?campaign=tag