Certification List

Subject: Certification List
From: John Posada <JPosada -at- book -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 15:41:39 -0400

This post is in response to some people who feel I've been somewhat elitist
on who "I'll allow" to participate.

I don't know what to say...whatever I do say, someone will see something in
it that they can pick at. So...I'll try to post my approach and if it is
enough for ya, cool...if not, pick away...I won't stop you or encourage you.

We've all seen how something can go from a simple statement or question to a
discussion that you haven't the foggiest idea how it evolved to that point.

Certification tends to elicit more emotional response than any subject I've
seen, save discussions about countries stealing jobs. So with the
encouragement of more than one member of this list, we went off-list to
another forum.

I bought a domain and picked an ISP. A couple of us evaluated discussion
software. Guidelines were discussed. About 10 people made the initial
membership. We decided to keep a low profile while we kicked the concept
around, and we're still only at that stage. Granted, some of use like the
idea more than others, some were less sure. However, what we were able to do
was discuss it civilly...I'm sorry if some of you don't like the use of that
word, I do. BTW...the reason for this approach is that we have solicited
participation from members from outside this forum.

At no time was it ever discussed that certain people should be excluded. It
was discussed. only briefly, that certain discussion styles should not be
encouraged to join. We never solicited anyone, except one person...everyone
on it asked to be there.

So..how we got from that, to the state of the discussion on this board
baffles me. However, I just want to make it clear that if you are interested
in discussing the merits civilly, regardless of how you feel about the
subject, let me know.

With that, I'm done debating this subject on this list. If I came across as
heavy handed, maybe, it wasn't intentional. It wasn't meant to insult, just
to make sure that the discussion met my idea of how it should run.

John

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com