Re: Set up to Fail

Subject: Re: Set up to Fail
From: Tom Murrell <trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 10:54:11 -0700 (PDT)

John,

As I read your comments and your reports of your superiors' comments, I don't see
where you were setup to fail. Management knew that had a difficult job, a very
difficult job, one they had seen others fail at. They figured that if anyone could
make it happen, you could. Okay, so they had come to believe it was impossible, that
doesn't mean they had to say that to you. I've known lots of people who have
accomplished the so-called impossible because they didn't know they couldn't do what
they did.

They also knew that if you couldn't do it, it really was an impossible job. That
seems to me to show a whole lot of faith in you. And it looks like that faith has
been justified. From your comments it seems that there is a way to finish the job,
if you get the resources you need to help you. At your prices, I'm sure they aren't
interesting in wasting the money they've already spent, but who knows?

However it all works out, you didn't fail. It seems to me that you exceeded expectations.

=====
Tom Murrell
mailto:trmurrell -at- yahoo -dot- com
http://home.columbus.rr.com/murrell/index.html Last Updated 05/26/2003
--Will the last person leaving the list please turn ON the light?--

http://calendar.yahoo.com

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com