Re: Set up to Fail

Subject: Re: Set up to Fail
From: Goober Writer <gooberwriter -at- yahoo -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 11:08:01 -0700 (PDT)

I wouldn't call it being used. In many cases, the
people actually doing the work are not privy to the
true "whats and whys" surrounding a project. Sometimes
it's a security issue, sometimes it's a mismanagement
issue, sometimes it's a 10,000 mile perspective issue,
and sometimes it's a motivation issue.

They obviously think highly of you. My guess is they
looked at the tech writing track record for the
project and thought "Damn, this is a burnout project
from hell. Maybe if we let its history lie low we can
hide some demotivational elements and get some
progress made on this thing." Actually, that sounds
exactly like what they did.

I wouldn't sweat it. They knew you were up to the
task, and they are apparently pleased with the
progress you made (considering the last TWO writers
sat and spun until they got fed up and quit).

I've been kept in the dark about some projects I've
worked on. I know it's not conforting to find that
out. But, you received some very good feedback on your
performance with regard to this project, so, kudos to
you!

=====
Goober Writer
(because life is too short to be inept)