RE: Drafts Back in Time

Subject: RE: Drafts Back in Time
From: "Stevenson, Rebecca" <Rebecca -dot- Stevenson -at- workscape -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 09:35:58 -0400

This may be too obvious, but have you tried sitting down with your reviewers over coffee and asking them--very nicely--*why* they can't get it done?

The fact that they're in a different building sets off alarm bells in my mind. It's hard to work well with people you don't see all that often. Can be done, but it takes more work.

Rebecca

>>> "Amber Young" <ayoung -at- pridemobility -dot- com> 05/29/03 08:17AM >>>

Do you all have any tips/tricks for getting your drafts back on time from
the (way too) many people who have to edit them? This is a real problem in
this company. It takes me maybe a week to write a manual and a month to get
it back from all the departments who need to sign off on it. SOP requires
that they have it no more than a week, but no matter how much I nag, beg,
threaten, offer to drive to their building to pick up the edits, or hold
their hands through the process, I almost never meet deadlines because of
them. I seriously think that these people (engineers, legal department,
project managers, and technical service personnel) think that reviewing
documents is nothing but a big pain in the a$$. My boss hasn't been very
successful in getting my documents back for me either. What do I have to
do? Show my boobs? HeeHee

Amber Young
Technical Writer
Pride Mobility Products Corp.