AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

Subject: AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH
From: "Erica Sullivan" <docudiva -at- hotmail -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 18:49:57 +0000

I know, this isn't a complaint I'm supposed to have... But I'm bored out of my mind. As those of you who read my earlier "Missing You" message may know, I am not in the tech industry. I'm working full time and making a good living but not in my chosen field. I'm taking classes online and trying to stay up-to-date. But that still leaves me longing for technology and that whole dynamic. I just wanna keep my fingers (or would it be toes -- oh well, metaphor aside) in the tech writing world. I'm tied to my desk so I can't GO do volunteer work. Here's a thought, send me your projects! You don't have to pay me. I'll edit, review, write, design web pages.

No? Well, it was worth a shot. Any other suggestions? I can't get paid for it because that would be against company policy (using their machines for my own business). I'm losing my mind. I know I could write for the local newspaper or the ASPCA or whatever, but that's not technology. I never saw any kind of summary on how to break into the Open Source tech writing. I know there was a huge debate about the reasons why anyone would do Open Source at all. But as for the "how to break into" discussion, what became of that?

(Oh, there were a lot more As, Rs, Gs, and Hs in the Subject line but I didn't want to upset Eric. Hope these are sufficient to express my frustration level.)

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com