RE: Work Attire

Subject: RE: Work Attire
From: Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- pinnaclewest -dot- com
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 11:49:42 -0700

Amber asked:

Just out of curiosity, what do you all wear to work?

Usually I wear skirts and dresses through the week, and have a casual Friday. On a tough week, I have a casual Wednesday and Thursday, too. I like to dress with some flair, for fun. I like little dresses dressed up with a Vera scarf or swirly colorful skirts. The developers range from business casual to jeans. Management and the clients range from business attire to business casual. QA is almost all business casual here. (QA is my department but I'm the only writer.) My attire strikes a balance between the casual IT and the more dressy client/management milieus, I like to think. It's the desert (Phoenix) in the summer so it's way past hose level of heat. I resisted going without hose for years, but now I eschew hose and wear open-toed shoes in the summer(s). This is customary in business casual here. (We have about three summers here, a short fall and spring and something we call winter that isn't very cold. In the non-summer months, of course I were close toed shoes and hose with my dresses/skirts.)

Three years when I started here, I was stuck in a conference room (that I nicked "the Gulag") and days would go by without me seeing another human, so I had the habit at that time of only wearing jeans and t-shirts.

Recently I lost around 30 pounds and pulled some old clothes out of my spare closet. They were 5-7 years old... and were mostly suits and business attire.... I can't get myself to wear them now, but keep saying I'm going to wear a suit to work one of these days, just for fun.

Rose A. Wilcox
CHQ, 17th Floor
Tranz1 QA/Documentation
602-250-2435
Rose -dot- Wilcox -at- PinnacleWest -dot- com

yeah it's reoccurring it's like a dream
I live a thousand times yeah
and it's always like the very first time

-Transplants "Sad but True"

applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com