RE: Work Attire

Subject: RE: Work Attire
From: "Karen Zorn" <klzorn -at- zorntech -dot- com>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:14:31 -0700

Amber asked:

>Just out of curiosity, what do you all wear to work?

At a client site, clothes level to match the employees. Here in AZ jeans
in winter, shorts in summer. Since I'm female, I'll also wear dresses or
skirts. Suits are rarely seen.

At home, as little as possible.

BTW: ties come from the Victorian era. Prior to that men wore neck
clothes tied in simple to complicated designs because shirts did not
have collars like they do today. When Victoria ascended the throne ties
came into being because it was considered very decadent and improper to
show the buttons on a shirt.

Anecdote:

When I interviewed at my major client in the Phoenix metro area, I went
in a very nice summer dress with a light sweater (this was February).
While waiting, a man dressed in torn up jeans, a paint splattered T, and
sandals went by. The first person I interviewed with was wearing a
company polo with Dockers. After we finished our conversation, he called
in the VP of Operations--yep, the fellow in the holey jeans. My first
day of work I asked what the dress code was; the answer--clothes!

Karen L. Zorn
Zorn Technologies, Inc.
Mesa, AZ

applications, including Net.