Re: Work Attire

Subject: Re: Work Attire
From: Jan Henning <henning -at- r-l -dot- de>
To: "TECHWR-L" <techwr-l -at- lists -dot- raycomm -dot- com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 09:58:18 +0200

Just out of curiosity, what do you all wear to work?

At a client site, clothes level to match the employees. Here in AZ jeans
in winter, shorts in summer. Since I'm female, I'll also wear dresses or
skirts. Suits are rarely seen.

This is similar to what we do. We're a documentation services company (writing for other companies). At the first interview we wear standard business attire (suit, tie, etc.); the same goes whenever we first meet an important new contact at an existing client.

Thereafter, when meeting with the client, we wear what is appropriate for their site, which is usually casual wear - most of our contacts are developers and technicians. In our own offices, there is no dress code, although there is a tacit understanding that you should wear shoes and a shirt. Mostly, we wear what we feel like, which usually means casual. Doesn't appear to have hindered our professionalism so far ;-)

Regards
Jan Henning

Jan Henning
ROSEMANN & LAURIDSEN GMBH
Am Schlossberg 14, D-82547 Eurasburg, Germany

Phone: +49 700 0200 0700, Fax: +49 8179 9307-12
E-Mail: henning -at- r-l -dot- de, Web: www.r-l.de

Robohelp X3, from eHelp, lets you quickly and easily create professional Help systems for all your Windows and Web-based applications, including Net.

archive -at- raycomm -dot- com